Pages

Welcome to "The Podiatry Blog"

This blog is run by the "Foot And Ankle Wellness Center" (A podiatry clinic in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada). For information on our practice and what we do, please visit our website: EdmontonFootDoctor.com Enjoy our posts!

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Foot Deformities: Jackson Weiss Syndrome



Jackson-Weiss Syndrome (JWS) is a rare genetic disorder characterized by foot abnormalities. Symptoms include abnormally broad big toes, webbing of the skin between the second and third toes, an inward angling of the toes, and/or malformation or fusion of certain bones within the feet. Jackson-Weiss Syndrome is inherited and affects both sexes equally.

6 comments:

  1. Yikes. I was always concerned with lame things like ingrown toe nails, but this something that truly tries a person. Thanks for expanding my awareness (and I'm sure others' as well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that foot disorders were this common. It is crazy all the different diseases that your feet can have. It is scary just thinking about the symptoms of this disease. Hopefully I am taking proper care of my feet.

    Eliza Lawrence | http://www.southlakepodiatry.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend has webbed toes (particularly her third and fourth toes), but they don't cause her any pain. Is there a treatment necessary for her? It sounds like she has the illness described here, but I'm not sure since they don't affect her functioning at all.

    Jenn | http://www.walkwithoutpain.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, they're fraternal twins? I had no idea that was the case. If that's true, then I don't know what all the fuss is about. Even if she'd gotten plastic surgery, I still don't think it's something for people to worry about. Plastic surgery is a personal decision. | http://www.brisbaneaestheticplasticsurgery.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little worried about my son's feet. Does this syndrome include flat feet? I know that all toddlers have pretty flattened feet, but my son's seem exceptionally bad. He doesn't act like he's in pain, but he won't walk very much either. I'd like to get it checked, just to be safe. http://www.advancedfootclinic.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete